Monday, January 10, 2011

My 20 Minute Battle

I have decided to get back into the exercise/eating well routine. Since the holidays brought a lot of goodies, I felt I had to scarf them down so I wouldn't have to look at them anymore thereby craving any sort of healthy food. I'm not cutting all sweets (heaven's no!), just not 25 lb. of chocolate chips in one sitting. My plan is to ride the stationary bike that I got Lance last year for Christmas for 20 minutes straight, the last 2 minutes being hard core and then weight lifting for 20 minutes. I know you're probably thinking, big whoop. Well, I can't even run a mile, and biking is so far out of the question (I might be able to bike around the block but I probably wouldn't feel good about it until after I got out of the coma) so I thought it would be a good change and challenge to do the bike. The past few days I had been eating quite well, limiting myself to one or two treats in the evening but not too late as is customary. I even worked out once but then came down with a cold so I put the work outs on hold for a while.

This past weekend I was feeling the urge to go on a walk or play racquetball with Lance. After breakfast we browsed craigslist for a bit, did this and that. But I waited too long and the urge left me and then I just wanted to lay on the couch all day. That's just what I did. I laid and watched a few hours of The Office with lots of Reeses and Snickers. All afternoon. Watching. Eating. Watching. Feeling my cells fill with chocolate, peanut butter, and yummy caramel.

But it's a new week and I still have the resolve to get on that bike for 20 minutes and then lift weights. Progress report is due in a week.

No comments: