Monday, June 25, 2012

No Sugar, Don't Even Offer It

Today marks day 7 of no sugar.

I've never done this before. I'm trying it out to see if I can finally lose these dang 20 pounds that I've previously tried to lose.

I'm combining it with cardio and muscle building as well as eating healthier.

Trish and I are keeping each other accountable. We text each other everyday when we've finished our work outs consisting of 10 stair runs, 25 butt crunches, 15 push ups. We do three reps of each. The first day I did the work out I seriously almost threw up and was quite upset at myself for making such a ridiculous goal. But now I like it and have since added bicep curls and a butt blaster move. It only takes about 15 minutes every day which I like.

The hardest part about not eating sugar (I'm not going totally without sugar. I still eat fruit and such, I'm omitting treats and dessert) is my down time at home. That's when I want to snack and chillax. I usually do this with sweets, specifically chocolate chips or cookie dough. So the hardest part is having to ignore that snacky urge for sweets.

I'm on day 7 of no sugar and despite being out of town for the weekend at a family reunion, I'm still doing the work outs and Trish is keeping me in line. I hope to be successful this time so I can fit back into my regular clothes.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Good luck and way to go!! 7 days is a huge accomplishment. Keep up the great work!