Wednesday, February 20, 2013

It's All A Matter Of Perspective

Well, I'm not sure how to go about this post. By the way I've been slacking big time with journaling lately. I've got pictures on my phone and camera that I need to get downloaded but I haven't had the time yet. Remember my little rant about Lance working? I finally lost my patience and complained about it all to him. And this is why I married him.

I'm definitely more of a "glass half empty" kind of girl and Lance is definitely more of a "glass half full" kind of guy. And thank goodness he is, otherwise my life would be pretty depressing. After all of my complaining he put things back into perspective for me and he's right. We have so much to be thankful for, so why am I complaining that my husband is always gone? A lot of guys work two or more jobs and don't get home until after 10pm every night. A lot of guys also work 2 jobs plus have extremely busy callings and lot of other extra curricular stuff going on. A lot of guys don't like their job. A lot of guys don't even have jobs.

But we are so blessed. We have a home that's warm and sheltered us from the four inches of snow we got last night. We have health insurance. We have two working vehicles. We have an incredibly fun little boy. We have each other. Things may be tight financially and I may not get to see my husband as often as I'd like, but I'm so thankful I have him and so thankful we have a job, especially in this economy.

1 comment:

The Staley Family said...

I've said many of those same things. Both in the complaints and the gratitude! Ha! Sometimes life seems so unfair and too many times when I have a pity party for myself the Lord sends a message of someone who has it WAY worse to remind me of all that I have to be thankful for. I am glad to here I am not the only wife that has these same feelings! If it were only that easy to keep that positive attitude!