Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mid Week Mini "Vacation"

(My actual camera doesn't keep a charge even though I just bought a new battery for it. I think it's time for a new one and until then, [maybe next year] my phone camera will have to do).

This week Lance had to do several sox audits of other SCI funeral homes. We decided to make a little vacation of it so Tuesday morning we drove to Idaho Falls. While Lance did the audit, Kimball and I went to the mall for some lunch and for something to do while we waited for Lance. The audit was about an hour and I thought for sure the mall would have a food court. Their only food places were the Pretzel Twister and Subway. All other restaurants were around the perimeter of the mall and walking in the snow wasn't a good idea. So we had pretzel dog bites, Kimball loved them. And much to my surprise in the middle of the mall is a play area. Kimball loved it! He seriously just walked and crawled around for the first 30 minutes laughing at himself. He loved playing with the other kids and it was a really nice play area, much to my surprise. How come our mall doesn't have that? Of course I didn't get any pictures of him smiling or laughing. Figures.
After the audit we drove down to Ogden and stayed at a super nice Hampton Inn. We met Matt and Krystal Tipping for an amazing steak dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse......always SOOOOO good to see them when we can! They offered to let us stay with them but we wanted to take advantage of the company and get a hotel.  ;)  Before bed time Lance took Kimball on a ride on those luggage cart thingamajigs down to get some ice. Kimball loved it, especially the ice. 

We had a pack n play all ready for him but Kimball cried and cried and cried, mostly because he could see us over the top of it, and he could see the tv. Great. What to do? I thought for sure our neighbors would come pounding on our door or we'd get a call from the front desk about a crying baby. I put the pack n play in the bathroom so he couldn't see anything. He cried some more, probably a good 30-40 minutes (he was extremely tired) until he gave up the fight. I was so relieved! Lance wanted to take advantage of two queen size beds so we slept separately in our own beds. But then Kimball started crying again 15 minutes later. Just perfect! I couldn't let him cry himself to sleep like usual so for the first time ever, Kimball slept in bed with me. He slept great for the rest of the night. His Mama on the other hand, did not.
 

 The next morning we all enjoyed a nice breakfast and hit the road.
 Where's Kimball?
Oh there you are! Haha, he enjoyed riding the cart everywhere!
We drove down to Midvale and Lance dropped Kimball and I off at Christine's house. In the mean time, he did an audit in Riverton and a few more in SLC. I had a few hours to kill and Christine was still at work so after playing and lunch, I decided to clean Christine's house. Funny how I clean someone else's house much better than my own. But I had time to kill so I did it. When Christine got home we only had about an hour together so we browsed Home Goods for a bit.

Lance came back, we loaded up the car and headed home. Kimball didn't take a nap at all on either day so he was very, very tired. We stopped at a gas station and I got the healthiest things I could find for Kimball - a lunchable. (Hey, at least it has a little bit of protein with the ham and cheese. It's better than donuts or candy or chips). I gave Kimball a piece of ham which he scarfed down. I gave him one more piece of ham and turned to get his water. When I went to give it to him, I found him like this. Too tired to eat his ham.

Poor boy! He was exhausted! He refused to lay his head back so I slid his puppy under his face for some cushioning.


It was a long 11 hour drive in total and next time we probably won't go with Lance. Unless someone took Kimball but I haven't left him overnight yet. I'm not sure I'm ready for that quite yet.

No comments: