Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Weekendings

  • The squirts continued for Mr. Kimball who was progressively getting grumpier and fussier. I really didn't know what else to do for him except snuggle him when he wanted it. He was miserable. And his poor bum hurt really bad. But I knew it was just a stomach bug going around so I waited out the option to take him to the doctor. I figured if he wasn't better by Monday (day 9) then I'd take him in. (Being that today is Tuesday.......yay! Monday was the day that with a snap of the fingers he was a whole different toddler! Thank goodness).
  • Christine came to town a few days early so I spent Friday with her and Mom. We went out to lunch and then to visit Adam for a bit which was really good. I secretly think he gets a little lonely out there, of course it doesn't help his wife is gone so much with school and work. Kimball loved the big dogs!
  •  Saturday was my Craft Day and thanks to Mom for all the help with the food, it was so much fun. Unfortunately because of the storm, Nancy and girls turned around and went back home. I think that was probably a good and smart thing, some things just aren't worth the risk and when it comes to lives and health, nothing is worth the risk. The Boise crew came and we all had a great time, unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. But it was so good to see everyone and visit and help Kaitlyn with her new adventure of being married. She had a great turnout for her bridal shower and it was good to meet her fiance's family.
  • Sunday I stayed home with Kimball, he still having the runs and I came down with congested sinuses. I was anxiously awaiting Lance to come home so he could take over for me, but Lance was too tired.
  • Speaking of Lance being too tired, work is wearing him out! It's been six weeks since it is just down to him and Trent and it is taking it's toll. The past two weeks they have been swamped. Some days Kimball doesn't get to see his Daddy at all and as hard as that is for Lance, it's especially hard for Kimball. Of course I don't see much of him either and normally I wouldn't care but with the issues of pay and appreciation on the table, I find it isn't worth it. Of course that's just me. I don't know what the future holds, I just want him treated fairly and paid what he deserves. Right now they're taking advantage of him and it's really making my blood boil. And a day off would be nice. Just one day. That's all I'm asking. Just one day.

No comments: