Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Not Everyday Is Peachy

I have to mention Spokane day 6. It was that awful. It was Lance's first day at work which means my first day by myself. Kimball and I got up and were enjoying breakfast together when I heard some water running. I asked Lance about the sound the day before and he said it was just the water from the cooler. Made sense. I kept on eating my Frosted Mini Spooners. Then I realized it wasn't quite that loud the day before so I got up to check it out. Turns out Lance's beloved bidet (which I have now come to hate) sprung a major leak and there were three inches of standing water just in the bathroom.

I waded through the water and turned the toilet valve off. Then it dawned on me that all of our towels are still boxed up around fragile items, we had two to use. I grabbed those two and started mopping up the mess which didn't even soak up 1" of water. Great! I went downstairs to rummage through more boxes to find more towels and found the water was leaking into the basement. It filled the light fixtures and was leaking down the ceiling and walls into the other bathroom. It was dripping and running everywhere. My heart sunk.

As I was trying to rummage through boxes looking for towels I realized the water also leaked into the storage room. Great, I was so done! Needless to say I cleaned it all up the best I could but in the heat of the moment I lost patience and yelled at Kimball. He was being needy and wasn't understanding that I couldn't help him at the moment. Then I collapsed on the couch and lost it. I felt guilty for yelling at Kimball, I was mad this happened on Lance's first day of work when he wasn't available to help me, I was mad at his stupid bidet, I was so upset. So I just sobbed for a good 15 minutes while sweet Kimball came and sat by me trying to comfort me. Love that boy!

I was so tempted to let all my rage out on Lance and text him how much I hate his bidet and what a horrible day I was having. But I knew if I did, it wouldn't make him have a very good day and I couldn't do that on his first day at work. So I ignored him all day instead to prevent myself from blowing up and saying things I'd regret.

The end of my stupid story, I guess I'm still mad it happened. It was horrible. But it's over now and yes I still hate, hate his bidet.

1 comment:

Tawni Williams said...

Oh BOO - water is one of those things that the law of gravity does not apply to - it's amazing where water can travel - I'm so sorry. I hope that it dried quickly and you didn't have to do anything major. :(