Monday, August 26, 2013

The Move to Spokane

***Tyring to catch up on my journaling.......this is just a lot of boring details but I still need to journal it.***

On August 12 we were blessed with friends and family who came out to help us move. Initially we were closing on the house on the 14th and weren't going to leave until that day. But the buyers were having a few issues with their financing so we are closing on the 29th - this week - instead. Since we didn't need to stay to close, we decided to leave Twin a day early so we'd have enough time to find a place to live before Lance started work on the 19th.

So back to the 12th - friends and family came to help us load the moving truck. Lance got a 20' U-Haul and a trailer for his Bug that we'd be towing. After putting in the large furniture, we realized the truck wasn't big enough. Panic time! By the time we realized this, U-Haul was closed so there was nothing we could do until the morning. I didn't know what to do and everybody kept asking me questions so I referred them all to Lance. Lance insisted we'd have enough room, so for about an hour or so we had all of the furniture and boxes out on the lawn just waiting to be packed into the truck. Nobody could really do much at that point. I felt bad because we had all of this help but we were at a standstill. Little by little we got the truck packed........and the bug, and my car. Since I was driving my car with Kimball, I had in my mind a wonderfully spacious and clean car so Kimball would travel well for me. Oh no, they had to pack my car clear full too, there was barely enough room for Kimball's car seat and my big fanny in the drivers seat. We were cramped. It was tight. By this time it was about 9 or 9:30. There were a few odds and ends still not packed into the truck or either car and there was no room to be had. Mike Steel graciously let us use his truck to take the load of stuff over to Scott's. I guess we're either giving it all away or selling it, but thank you to Scott for storing it all for us.

We said our good byes at various times through the evening as friends and family needed to leave to get back to their own homes. It was so good to see Adam! As Trish left with her crew, Quentin had to say good bye at least five times. He's got such a tender little heart and he bawled which made me cry. We have the best family! Both sides, I love our families so much and will miss them dearly!!!

By now, it was about 10pm and totally dark. I was beat. My brain was fried. I was hungry. I jumped into my very full car and headed to Donna's who was watching Kimball for me. The poor boy was so tired! Apparently he tried playing with Baxter who was asleep, and Baxter nipped at him. He scratched his eye a little which turned into a black eye in the following days. Mike and Jenna still wanted to see Kimball before we left so I stayed at Donna's for about 45 minutes or so. It was nice to visit and say good bye to Mike and Jenna. We said our good bye's to Donna and John and headed over to the Pettingill Inn where we stayed for the night with the truck parked out front.

No comments: