Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Spokane: Day 1 & 2

After we enjoyed a free continental breakfast at the hotel, we headed out in search for a home. This has been our biggest anxiety because being pregnant and sick, I was in no condition to take a trip to Spokane to look for a house, and Lance couldn't get that much time off to go by himself. So with us moving to a new state and city you could see why we'd have high nerves over this, we don't have anywhere to live!

We found several homes listed on Craigslist that we liked and wanted to see so we spent the day looking at homes for rent. We only ended up actually going through two of them, the rest wanted us to drive by before we made an appointment to tour the home. That was a little annoying. The last one we toured was a duplex that I had kept my eye on for the last two months. There weren't any pictures of it online but the description sounded very ideal for what we wanted.  Luckily, I kept in contact with the landlord all this time and we were able to tour it on our first day in Spokane.

We didn't need to look at anymore houses, it was exactly what we wanted and within budget. Since we had been pre-approved, on day #2 we signed the lease, got the key, and moved in. SUCH A HUGE BLESSING!!!! I'm so thankful we didn't have to live in a hotel and try to contain a toddler in a little bedroom with nowhere to play.

We are renting a duplex that has 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 family rooms, 2 fireplaces, a laundry room with storage, and a storage room. It has a basement and is about 2000 sqft, I think. We are sleeping in the bedroom downstairs and put the tv and desk in the family room down there. The kid's bedrooms are upstairs. There's so much room for Kimball to run and play! I love having two family rooms. I love sleeping in the basement. I love not having 80% hard floors. I really like our duplex! The only downside is that I have to get used to a small kitchen. The kitchen in our home was so huge and a dream to cook in because I had SO much counter space and tons of cupboards. But luckily we put up some shelves in the laundry and storage room so the majority of the food and dishes are still accessible.

With our last house having no storage, the laundry and storage rooms have been a dream! We left all the home decor, books, garage stuff, craft supplies, and all my beads boxed up. Our lease here in the duplex is only for a year and we'd like to buy a house here. I don't want to repack this home! I'm leaving as much stuff boxed up as I can.

So, we really like our home! A lot! It's only about 10-15 minute drive for Lance to get to work and I'm very close to all the shopping. :)  Oh you know how Utah has a church building on every block? Spokane has a park on every block and most of the parks here have splash pads. Score! Kimball loves it!

Heavenly Father has had his hand in this entire move. I'm amazed at how smooth everything has gone! Everything. From our first two house offers falling through to Lance being forced to stay in Twin until White's found his replacement, from our move date getting pushed back to me finally getting out of the awful pregnancy sickness. We exercised our faith and moved without a home to move into, the timing has been flawless. Not just moving but my symptoms and complications with this pregnancy and the timing with selling our house. I'm just left speechless with how blessed we are. I'm in awe that the Lord has been so mindful of us. Now, if I can get through this pregnancy ok then I'll be glad to end this year!

No comments: