Friday, August 30, 2013

Lately

My accomplishments for the week are exactly as I had hoped. I wanted to get all the deep cleaning done on the house and it's all done except the kitchen. The kitchen needs a lot more elbow grease so that will be an all day project that I'll probably save for Monday. Have I mentioned that I really like our house? I quite like it!!

However, our house in Twin is another story. We were supposed to close yesterday. Long story short, the appraisal paperwork wasn't filled out right and the underwriters caught that. Because of this the buyers changed lenders and decided to go with an FHA loan instead of a conventional loan. Old homes like ours don't really qualify for FHA loans. So after the appraisal paperwork got fixed, it was appraised right at our asking price but they listed about eight different FHA required repairs. Boo! I called our very talented friend Brandon Larson who owns Cutting Edge Remodeling and he was so helpful! He immediately got in contact with the realtor putting together a bid for us on how much all the repairs are going to cost. We haven't decided yet if we're going to lower the asking price so they can do the repair work themselves, or just back out of this offer altogether. I have no idea what to do at this point so we're taking it one day at a time, one issue at a time. For the time being we're waiting for the repair bid.

Lance's new job has been really good so far. It's been more of an adjustment than he thought, he was thinking he'd be much more hands on doing embalmings, dressings, cosmetics, cremations, etc. But being the manager he's been in a lot of meetings. I'm sure there won't be quite so many meetings once they get a few more people hired, they're really short staffed like White's was. He's really liking it though and so far everything is going well with his job.

The relief society presidency came to visit me this afternoon. I love those three ladies, I already have three moms here. :) We've gone to all the activities and have met some really neat people. I love that aspect about the church - it's true no matter where you live on this earth and there is always a family there within that ward. We definitely found that to be true in our Charleston ward and are seeing that to be true here. One thing is certain though, you can't sit back and think the church is going to do all the work making you feel like you belong or making you feel comfortable and fit in with the other members. Like anything else in life, you have to make an effort to have the best experience you're looking for. We're trying to make the most of our adventure in Spokane.  :)

Lance has Monday off - yay! He hasn't had a holiday or weekend off in such a long time! We were going to explore the Riverfront Park which has several attractions but there's some kind of cook off going on and we don't want to deal with  major crowds. So we're still searching for something else to do on his day off. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Tawni Williams said...

I hope everything works out with your house in ID. I' sure it will! Good to take it one thing at a time. I'm so glad Lance has a day off with you guys! Can't wait to see pictures!