Monday, August 13, 2012

Dear Grandma Lady At Winco


While frantically bagging my groceries this morning so as not to upset the long line behind me and keeping a nine month old baby entertained, you complimented me on my hair. I don't know why and I don't know who you are, I've never seen you before. But, thank you! It was such a nice comment out of the blue, it really made my day that you'd take a split second to say something nice to me. I am going remember you and the way you treated a young mother. I hope to pay it forward and only wish I had more time to chat with you about your life and wish you a good day. So, I bid you adieu and thank you for starting my week on a positive note.

Love, Me

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is amazing how one nice deed can change the outlook of your whole day. That happened to me just today when I had to take my disruptive 3 year old out of the movie theater and another lady came out to take her children to the bathroom and smiled at me and started talking to us. All of a sudden I wasn't so tempted to beat my child. It's a good lesson for me that we can make a difference in someones day with just a very small and simple gesture.

Laura said...

I love the pay-it-forward idea. One simple act of kindness can change everything. Way to go Grandma Lady!