Monday, August 27, 2012

Procrastination

Are you a to-do list, checklist, honey do list, etc. kind of person? Me to! In fact, each night while I'm laying in bed chatting with Lance I get out my phone and write my to do list for the next day on my notebook thingy. My abbreviated list usually includes: shower, laundry, clean bathrooms, dinner, baby proof, paint, sub, porch, lesson, etc. (Lance thinks it's so pathetic that I have to pencil in "shower." Indeed, it is pathetic and I hate doing it. Showering is the worst chore of all, I'd rather do dishes or vacuum or clean the bathrooms. But if I don't put it on the list, it doesn't get done).

While I've been browsing pinterest and blogs of all sorts today, I came across this post: Anti Procrastination: Do What You Can and became inspired. Basically, she says to stop procrastinating and just do it. Because as mothers/women we wait for the perfect time to get a particular something done. For me, it's painting. I bought paint several months ago to paint ALL of the trim work in our house. I haven't done it because I need all the trim work to be vacuumed and scrubbed clean before I paint. Well, I don't want to scrub or vacuum those baseboards, I'd rather blog. :)  Anyway, so I'm just going to get it done because it's been on my to-do list on my phone for forever and I can't wait to check it off. So, if you're like me, read the above post and be inspired to just get things done...........one step at a time.

1 comment:

Christine said...

We must be related. I hate showering too; I hate having to interrupt my night (I have to shower at night so I can get to work on time in the mornings)whether I'm working on the house, crafting, or spending time with Stephen to go get wet and then dry off and take an hour and half from start to finish doing my stinkin hair only to do it all over again the next day, lol. I'm just glad I'm not the only one.