Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hospital day 1

8:30 am: headed to the hospital for a scheduled c section at 39 weeks

Feeling very anxious and scared. The last nine months has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of very intense emotions, mental stability, and physical endurance.

I already knew what to expect with the c section but I was still quite scared. I asked numerous nurses to keep an eye on Lance to make sure he was there this time. Luckily he was! This surgery was quite different from Kimball's and I really had a hard time enduring those 30-45 minutes. Before they even started the incision I was throwing up and continued to do so for the whole surgery. Not fun. The doctor had a resident doctor assisting him and I could hear every instruction and everything he was telling her, I didn't like that. It seemed to take longer because he had to explain everything to her and I didn't want to hear it, I just wanted it done. I never felt the immediate relief of having her out. Actually, quite the opposite. As soon as they pulled her out was when the suffocating "I can't breathe!!" started. My chest was so heavy, it was just the medication that made it seem like I couldn't breathe. I really hated that feeling. The baby was handed directly over to the NICU staff which fortunately was above my shoulder so I could see a little bit of her. They tried for about 10 minutes to get her to breathe before they took her down to the NICU.


 This was me meeting Cora for the first time, a few hours after she was born. When they were wheeling me to the recovery room I stopped in at the NICU so I could meet her.

No comments: