Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hospital Day 2

I didn't stay on top of my pain meds very well yesterday so it was a rough one. It certainly wasn't intentional, I didn't know how often I could take them and would simply forget. With the amount of drugs I was on, I was very loopy. Lance said I kept asking the same questions over and over and repeating myself over and over. I was very confused and knew what I wanted to say but couldn't figure out how to say it. My brain was just so foggy. I think a good part of that is because the doctors wouldn't let me eat and I was so tired. A mixture of no food, no sleep, and lots of drugs is a loopy combination. I was very dizzy and my eyes kept going in and out of focus, it was all just really weird.

They took Cora off of oxygen which was great and were going to wait another day to start feeding her but we got the green light that she was ready. More progress! She's been tolerating her feedings pretty well and I even got to feed her once. Unfortunately I was in a lot of pain and didn't last long before I had to throw up as well. 

John, Donna, and Kimball came to see us at the hospital. I was so excited to see Kimball and he immediately looked so big and much older, I guess I was just used to looking at tiny Cora. Kimball could have cared less about me he didn't say much, wouldn't give me a hug, he just wanted to see what hospital stuff he could get into. I didn't go with them to the NICU so I'm not sure what his reaction was to seeing Cora. There probably wasn't much of a reaction, he still doesn't know too much of what's going on. 



 
 



1 comment:

Bonnie and Kempton Cox said...

We are so excited for you guys! We're so happy that everything has worked out well and that Cora is healthy (for the most part.)I think she looks so much like Lance! Kempton says I am crazy because he says that newborns don't ever look like anybody until they get older, but I can see Lance in her. Well, at least we know she got his hairline anyway, hahaha!!! Too funny!