Monday, November 25, 2013

Hospital Day 3 & 4

Day 4 was interesting, I woke up feeling pretty good. Ate some breakfast, took a shower and walked down to the NICU by myself to see Cora. As soon as I walked into her room I had the sudden urge to throw up. Luckily as I turned around there was a garbage can........and I lost my whole breakfast. I then got really hot and light headed and dizzy. The NICU nurse found me a chair to sit in while I collected myself. I was so embarrassed!! I really wanted to feed Cora but I didn't want to push myself so I just held her for about five minutes before returning to my room in a wheelchair. How stupid, I felt like such a fool.

The rest of the day I spent in bed quite nauseous, dizzy, and a headache. Not fun. Cora was doing well eating on her own and continued to make improvements although her bilirubin numbers were up and they started her on light therapy.



 
Day 5 showed little change in Cora, her bilirubin numbers slightly went up and they removed her pesky IV. It was probably the worst day for me. I had a super painful headache all morning and nothing was kicking it. I finally spoke with the nurse anesthetist and decided it was a spinal headache but I wouldn't be able to get a blood patch until  the doctor was available. I waited 6-7 hours for the anaesthesiologist and nurse anesthetist to become available and finally got a blood patch at 6:30pm. I had instant relief but the nausea and dizziness continued so I went to bed at 9:00. It also happened to be the day my milk came in so double whammy.
On November 24, 2013 at 12:45 in my hospital room, Lance was ordained a high priest by his Dad. He was then set apart as the 2nd counselor in the bishopric by our Stake President, James Lee. Also there was our bishop Dustin Crossley, Donna, Kimball, and myself.


No comments: