Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Cup Runneth Over With Love


I've made some really great friends in our new ward. I mean, the kind of friends that you wondered where they were your whole life and how you lived 28 years without knowing them. A few ladies in the ward threw me a baby shower tonight and not only was I spoiled with so many wonderful gifts, women were there who I haven't officially met yet. But they were there to support me, a stranger, and I'm so humbled by that and so grateful to get to know them. Put all the gifts aside, it was SO AWESOME to have a girls night! It was great to socialize and gossip share news and be around uplifting, encouraging women.

I didn't get any pictures which makes me sad but I really wasn't feeling good today so I had no motivation to go above and beyond just existing. The spread of food was amazing, they all crafted and made hair accessories for the baby instead of playing games, and most importantly the friendships and sisterhood was just incredible!

I don't even know how to describe how blessed and humble I feel. There wasn't one person who left without first insisting they're going to bring a meal over on such and such day, or to call them if I need help with Kimball, or to call them if I need something at the hospital or just need to chat. I feel so overwhelmed and wish I was in a position to pay it forward. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for RS because without it I would be lost. Thank you, thank you so much to all you wonderful, lovely ladies!!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sounds like you have an awesome ward! I'm so glad they are taking such great care of you being new and so far away from home. Gotta love the relief society! Love you sis!