Thursday, November 15, 2012

Emergency!

Tuesday for our RS meeting we had a Sweet Is The Work night including a candy bar bar. I always look forward to RS activities so I can get to know more people but when Tuesday rolls around, I'm usually so busy during the day that I just want to stay home in the evening. But I went anyway and really enjoyed it. So the candy bar bar was excellent and they gave specific instructions not to be bashful about it. The presidency should know better than to say something like that to someone like me - a sweet freak. I loaded up my bowl and took it all home so I could enjoy it after Kimball went to bed.

My favorite sweet of the night were these delicious saltine cookies that had a butter toffee and chocolate coating, aka: heaven on a square. They were SOOOO good and I can't believe I've never had them before! I only took home two of them but I should have taken home 20, they're so addicting!

I soon found that I had an emergency on my hands. I needed those saltines cookies and I needed them now. I called the bishop's wife in a panic (I always call the bishop's wife on days like this, she doesn't have anything better to do than worry about me since she's the one who brought the cookie to share in RS) and left a message. Gasp! What if she's out of town?! What am I going to do??? So I googled it and here's the recipe that I used. It really is heaven on a square, only I was out of saltines so I used Ritz crackers, lol. They're still just as good!! They are super easy and super quick to make. A note for next time: grease up the wax paper, my cookies still stuck to the wax paper.

No comments: