Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Going Ons

  • It's been four months since I got my hair cut. I should've got it cut at the beginning of September to keep up the A-line but funds have been tight and I'd rather spend the $17 on food or diapers for Kimball. However, my cousin Michelle is in town so Trish and I got our hair cuts at the same time so we could watch each others kids. I love my cut. Wispy, short, and lots of character. It was definitely worth it!
  • I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving time! The changing seasons always mean that time is passing and all too quickly. I'm anxious to spend time with Lance's family so Kimball can play with his cousins but mostly so I can hold Jayna. I call first dibs!!
  • Christmas funds are also short this year so we are only doing stockings for each other, no gifts. Which means we'll get deodorant, toothpaste, and socks, haha. We are just about done shopping for everyone else on our list, I think there's only two more gifts to buy. I like the shopping season but I don't like the crowds. I could always do without the crowds. A lot of the ads on tv show that most of the big retail stores are opening Thanksgiving night for Black Friday. I think that just shows how desperate even the businesses are for money during this recession.
  • Lance has had good things happening at work which makes him wonder if he should take risks with  any potential propositions or stay where things are comfortable and guaranteed. Right now we are so blessed to have a job and a warm home! (Even if funds are tight).
  • Did I mention Lance got an award at work for the highest JD Power scores? Well, he did!
  • Besides the feast and hanging out with family this week, we've also got family pictures coming! (Just our family. Not all the Cox's or Pettingill's). I'm really excited about that and hope the weather cooperates.
  • For once, nothing new to report on about Kimball. He's still cute.  :)

No comments: