Monday, November 5, 2012

Kimball's First Birthday

Kimball's first birthday was on the 26th of October. I can't believe he's one year old! He's no longer my baby and it makes me so sad but I love to see him develop into his own person and I love the stage he's at right now. I made him a rubber duck cake and invited family to come celebrate. I assumed just the grandparents would come but Brad, Tim, and Kempton's families all came which was nice. I don't have time to put the pictures in order so here's Kimball being sung to, opening presents, and eating the head off the duck cake. 

His reactions to everything were very subdued. He didn't get excited about anything, mostly because there were so many other little cousins around he didn't quite know what to do. I made the cake out of a funfetti box cake and a butter cream frosting. I didn't love the frosting at all so I didn't think the cake tasted very good but at least Kimball ate it.

One tradition I decided to start was to give Kimball a book every year for his birthday includinge a note to him inside the front cover from his mom and dad. We hope this starts a love of reading and learning throughout his life.

He got a pirate ship toy from Grandma and Grandpa Pettingill, puff snacks from Brad, soap and wipes and snacks from Tim, clothes and a set of Disney books from Grandma and Grandpa Cox, a shirt from Ann, a toy phone from Steph, and a quiet book from Kempton and Bonnie. Lance and I got him a book and a set of three toy vehicles (hand me downs from Trish's kids). It was all so generous of everyone, thank you!
















No comments: