Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Piece Of My Heart Boxed Up

Continuing on the deep cleaning checklist, I boxed up the rest of the baby stuff. Today I boxed up all the baby blankets, burp cloths, infant hats, bumbo, infant toys, bottles, nipples, pumping stuff, blessing outfit, etc. Man, it's amazing what these little 18" babies need! When I got to the blankets I had to pause and smell them, feel them, and look at them one last time. So many memories. So many precious firsts. Just so much preciousness altogether.

I rearranged Kimball's closet and stacked all five baby boxes in there and moved all the other stuff out and hopefully to the closet in the spare room. Which there probably isn't room so if it doesn't fit in that tiny closet I'm not sure where we are going to store it all. Hopefully we can figure it out.

 
This blanket I also boxed up. It's one I got when Grandpa sold his house and moved into his duplex. Mom speculated that either Great Grandma Stockdale or Grandma Pettingill made it. We think it was most likely Grandma Pettingill. I'm saving it to use for a baby girl one day and if I"m not blessed with a baby girl, then I'll give it to Christine.


No comments: