Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Goings On

  • I voted today which only took about 20 minutes including registration.
  • We are working on finding a new tenant for our little 500 sqft house behind ours. Liz was awesome but accepted a job for amazon.com in Phoenix. I am on the hunt for someone equally as good as she was. I showed the house four times yesterday and five times today (so far) with five more tonight and tomorrow. It's actually exhausting because I have to plan my day around the showings. Yesterday I spent the entire day on the phone answering texts, phone calls, voice mails, etc.
  • The halloween stuff is still out. Sigh. I did manage to move it all into the spare room though. It's on my to-do list to put it away but the rental house takes priority because it actually brings in money.
  • Kimball is having a hard time with the time change. And because it's hard for him, it is also hard for me.
  • Kimball has three new teeth and I think two more that are trying to cut through. We also found he has an allergy. For dinner I gave him a waffle with peanut butter and the next time I looked at him he had hives all around his mouth. They went away within 30 minutes or so but I was freaking out and didn't know what it was from. I guess no nuts for him.
  • Lance's company bought him new work shoes which is nice because it saved me $120. Yep, he needs the high quality soles. Anyway, he brought them home to show me and I told him they make his feet look small and feminine and a style that an old lady would wear. He didn't like that comment. He wore them to work today and everybody said they look like grandpa shoes. He promptly took them back.
  • I am looking quite shabby lately. I desperately need a haircut and haven't had time to straighten my hair. Last night at Scott's fhe, dad asked me why I didn't do my hair for the day. I really just need to schedule a cut but then I have to get a babysitter and pay $17. I'd rather have $17 worth of food or some other priority other than myself.

No comments: