Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weekendings

Mom and I went to craft day today in Boise while Lance finally had (sort of) a day off. I was very excited for him because he works so hard to provide for our family, he deserves some time to himself. Everyone that knows Lance knows what a morning person he is (ha!) so he was rather anxious to sleep in and have the house to himself for a day. He still ended up working a service in the afternoon even though it wasn't his weekend on call because he didn't want to put the family off just because he had the day off. That just shows his thoughtfulness and integrity. (In my opinion anyway).

For craft day we went to three different bazaars and I found a few reasonably priced christmas gifts even though I'm already done shopping.  Most of them had lots of crocheted stuff but one in particular had quite a few different things. I'd say it but I don't want to give away secrets. On the way home we made two stops: one to Grandpa's and one to the mall. Grandpa graciously offered the wooden cars and animals that he makes for humanitarian donations for children, to us grandkids and great grandkids. I've always eyed mom's in her china hutch so when I got the text that Grandpa wanted to make sure everyone had one, I jumped on it right away. He gave me four, I guess that means I'm supposed to have at least three more children.

We stopped at the mall so mom could return/exchange a computer at Apple. While we were walking through Kohl's I saw a middle aged couple where the husband kept pointing out several things for the wife to buy so he could get out of the mall as quick as possible. "How about this one? Or what about that one?" As we passed by he pointed at a sequined sweater and she said, "Oh not even Grandma Beatrice would wear that!" I actually laughed out loud and they both chuckled that I overheard the comment. As we passed by The Deb a few teenage girls were perfectly posed in the window as mannequins, the girls must've been bored. It was pretty funny.

Kimball is getting to the point where he's starting to fuss about being in the car seat for long periods of time. He sat in there the whole way up, to/from bazaars, in the stroller, in my lap. He was very anxious to get out of it and crawl around. But he did so good! He's almost a pro drinking from a cup which means I'll probably take his bottle away on monday. He's mastered the high five and is just such a good boy. We just love him so much!

No comments: